Friday, April 18, 2008

A Pleasant Surprise - Versus HD

Let me start this out by saying the I am a High Definition freak. Hockey is sooooo much better to watch on TV when the broadcast is in HD. The problem is that FSN does not broadcast in HD for away games, which I cannot do anything about at this point in time, and also that my cable company did not offer Versus HD. Well imagine my surprise yesterday when I was looking for something to watch and while looking through the channel guide I noticed that Versus HD had been added to my channel lineup. Just in time for the Stanley Cup Playoffs!! (well, at least the next three rounds).

I also wanted to point out how great the Playoffs coverage has been on Versus. There has been two games broadcast every night since round 1 started and they have selected very interesting games to televise. The analysts have been dead on most of the time and the camera work spectacular. I do remember being disappointed at the first few games last season that Versus broadcast - but they have gotten much better at their coverage. So, if you have not checked it out lately, I implore you to do so. Quality hockey coverage at a great price!

No comments: