Thursday, June 19, 2008

Hossa Update

Here is the text of an email I recieved today. Not sure how much of this information is true or not so take with a grain of salt:

"* Apparently Ritch Winter spent yesterday trying to find anybody in Pittsburgh market that would go with the statement that he made yesterday. My sources were told that early in the day Winter was trying to convince Dan Potash and KDKA to run with the story. They wouln't do it and Molinari wouldn't touch this story as he stays away from rumors. According to a source "The market has been set at about $7 million for his client, and he's ticked."
* Looks like we could have an A-Rod/Scott Boras situation on our hands. My sources continue to tell me that Hossa really likes the offer but Winter is in the background pressuring Hossa to enter the free agent market. I could care less what the PG reported today. There is a 7yr - 52 million offer on the table.
* As I wrote yesterday, sources indicate Ray Shero has had lengthy discussions with LA Kings GM Dean Lombardi and Florida Panthers GM Jacques Martins. There is a lot of speculation going around about the Penguins/Kings pulling off a blockbuster. All I'm going to say is the two sides are talking but thats as far as I'm going to go on that issue until I actually receive some legitimate info from sources close to the Penguins organization
* The Penguins are prepared to make a 5yr - 16 million offer to defenseman Brooks Orpik later this week.

Rob Rossi of the Tribune-Review has contacted me this morning and has told me directly that everything Ritch Winter is saying is a lie. According to Rossi, behind the scenes Winter is telling people he never spoke with Rossi. A lie according to Rossi. He's telling people he never spoke with Ray Shero about a contract. A lie according to Rossi. He's telling people no parameters have been discussed. A lie according to Rossi. Rossi has been in contact with Ritch Winter on numerous occasions and even said "this guy sent emails between he and I to very high-ranking officials."

No comments: