Friday, November 2, 2007

Jumping the Gun?

Okay, okay...Many of you may be thinking I jumped to gun a bit with my last post but let me put this into perspective. The number 1 line of Crosby, Malkin and Sykora have accounted for all of the goals in the Penguins last 2 games. This line has been together since the Montreal game last week. Crosby is on fire and that may be directly related to a chemistry starting to form with his linemates. Or it may not. Malkin and Sykora are top tier NHL talent and may just be a tremendous compliment to Sid.

Marc Andre - how's the head? With Sabourins rough second period in Colorado last night, I'm assuming you will get the start tomorrow when the team visits Long Island. Hope you worked on your mechanics during the time off. You should be much better for it.

Jordan Staal - are you there? 1 goal and 1 assist in 12 games?

Erik Christensen - sure you made that sweet shootout goal last week against the Canadiens but you too have Staal's exact numbers.

Gary Roberts and Mark Recchi 1 goal each also in 12 games?

Max Talbot has equaled all four of your goal production. Combined!

This is what is bothering me today. My feel from last nights game was that the number 1 line was doing all of the work and many of the other players that the team depends on to produce are getting a very slow start.

Which is all it might be. I know that the first month of the season is mostly about getting a chemistry and cohesion going so I will withhold judgement for now. Just know that I AM WATCHING!!!

No comments: